This is a great-grandchild of the original jet (open-face) helmet from Bell, first launched back in 1954. While its ancestor was christened "500" by Bell founding father Roy Richter, over 60 years later the reincarnation now sports the resonant name "Custom 500". And this model also carries the letters "SE" (Special Edition). The family resemblance is unmistakable with this helmet.
But the new Bell is more than just an upgrade. A lot more, in fact. It's an evolution. The interior has been transformed from the earlier padded version into an EPS inner shell with varying density. In other words, the original helmet shape has been equipped with state-of-the-art protection technology. What more, with 5 different shell sizes, the Custom 500 Carbon has been perfectly adapted to suit different head sizes and circumferences. So the helmet is a closer fit, which means it looks better and feels better, too.
- Visor: 5 universal snap fasteners for fitting Bell visors and sun peaks
- Material: Fibreglass, EPS inner shell with varying density
- Outer shell sizes: 5 (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Fastener: Double 'D'
- Weight approx. 1175 g (+/- 50 g)
- Lining: Quilted lining made of synthetic suede with contrasting colour stitching
- Extras/other features: Deluxe helmet bag included
- Certificates: ECE 22.05